Nulla facilisi. Suspendisse non dui lorem, quis lacinia nunc. Ut urna diam, blandit non pretium sit amet, imperdiet sed quam. In at magna vel massa dignissim rhoncus ac et turpis. Phasellus condimentum feugiat hendrerit. Mauris sodales rutrum leo id egestas. Vivamus nulla sapien, auctor vitae tempus non, dapibus at nibh. Ut sit amet tortor vitae ipsum molestie blandit ut eu sapien. Nulla facilisi. Sed eleifend, nisl eu suscipit faucibus, urna felis tempor elit, id commodo lectus ante vel nibh. Vestibulum vel blandit orci. Proin eu nunc tellus.
Some random facts about me…
- It feels completely normal for me to go to far off places and travel on my own. Getting lost in a foreign country, and being anonymous excites me.
- I am a strong supporter of human rights. I am currently helping photojournalist Robin Hammond spread the word about “Where Love Is Illegal” – ‘Documenting and sharing Lesbian, Gay, Bisexuality, Transgender/sexual and Intersexed stories of discrimination and survival from around the world.’ Please pop over to his page and show your support.
- I have won a Fuji Photographic Award two years running.
- In June 2015 one of my images won in “The Top Best Wedding Photos of 2015“, in the Signature Weddings competition. A huge honour for me. I actually cried.
- In 2014 two of my images were selected in the Sunday Times Travel Photographer of the Year Competition – travel weekly, highly commended.
- In 2015 I won in the travel photographer competition – in The Independent Traveller, Argus newspaper.
- My work has been exhibited in London, France and South Africa and I’ve been published in various magazines including Marie Claire, Elle, Your Wedding Day, My Wedding Day and Discovery magazine.
- I used to work in the music industry photographing musicians and bands. These include Hot House Flowers, Blondie, Steve Winwoood, Joss Stone and Seal.
- I was so hopelessly in love with a guy in my last year of high school, I ended up nearly flunking.
- Twelve years later I studied Fine Art Photography in London and passed with a distinction.
- Photography is not factory-work. I only take on a limited number of bookings a year so I can give every client the very best of my energy, attention and creativity.
- I have a feline goddess living in my home, Miss Banksy…fondly named after my favourite graffiti artist.
- I love the word serendipity, not only it’s meaning, but also the way it sounds like honey dripping off a spoon.
- I was once in the travel section of a bookstore and couldn’t decide where I wanted to go. So I closed my eyes, ran my finger along the shelf and decided that, when I opened my eyes, whatever my finger was touching, that’s where I’d go. It was Cuba. I was there several months later.
- In January 2015 I found myself back in Cuba again…this time to do a documentary of images of Havanna.
- Much of my inspiration comes from cinematography. I keep a notebook and pencil in my bag for when I’m at a movie and a creative idea presents itself.
- I photographed my first recipe book: “LCHF På Riktigt” by Monique Le Roux Forslund and Published By Pagina Forlags AG in Sweden in 2013.
- Several months later a selection of my photographs were used in the English version of Monique Le Roux Forslunds book “Low Carb Living For Families” and published in South Africa.
- I have recently photographed another recipe book in Sweden, “Lär dig leva sockerfritt” which was published in February 2016, by Pagina publishers in Sweden.
- I’ve travelled the world…and now live in Cape Town and Sweden.
- I collect photographic art, and illustrations, and some of the most inspiring pieces I own are by Cig Harvey, David Bailey, Nicola Dove and Niki Pilkington.
- I love working with clients who allow me creative freedom, connect with my work and want something arty, with soul.
Photo: Jacki Bruniquel Photography